I owe it to her
It's a beautiful day
the winds brush my skin
as the light guides me every step of the way
I fall into a crowd, stuck at the rim
if this guy doesn't move
I'll definitely elbow him
A pungent smell has overcome me
Who could it be
Scanning the area, I notice
It's him ... so smelly
Someone should say something
but people never do.
All they do is turn up their noses
internalizing "pee ewes"
A brief clearance
Scanning for a seat
My neck made it's way to the other end
only to notice an old woman has me beat
It's ok, I sit most of the day anyway
Staring at a screen
Numbers, reports, emails ...
What does it all mean?
An unwanted announcement comes
putting everyone in an uproar
We'll be sitting in the tunnel
due to a sick passengers roar
Great!
Now the stench is thicker
Could there be any way
to remover the passenger quicker
Subtle movements and stops
It seems we're on our way
I don't know about you
But this is not where I'd like to stay
Bunched up, funky, blank gazes in your direction
It's seems like we've all been quarantined from a deadly
infection
Finally, a release, as I dart up the stairway
The signs says don't run
But I feel I need to get away
Only to see the towering mass ahead
A place to follow orders
Which by the afternoon, I dread.
Checking my clock
Happy I'm still on time
I'll be in before most
and the silence will be mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment