All I hear are shells dropping to the ground like balls of hail from the sky. I duck for cover, hoping to not be fired upon and have my life taken away from me. I look at which way to turn, legs entirely too tense to make a move. My arms guide me, keeping me low and inconspicuous from the enemy's eye. I graze across ones leg, where I present my machete, slicing away at his Achilles tendon, sending him into a massive amount of pain, as he screeches out like a fallen animal in the wild. As he drops like a bag of coal, instinct tells me to keep jabbing until he lays motionless ... and only then will I know my mission is complete and that I can move to my next obstacle. The sound of retreat is near, but I, still stuck on the battlefield like speckled dust, have nowhere to turn. I finally get around to thinking about why my legs won't allow me to stand and run or to find a safe zone until the Calvary comes in to rescue me. But I've no time to ponder, continuing to crawl like a baby in its first months I make my way in a ditch, seeing and smelling the pungent smell of death, burned skin and blood splatter like sauce on my favorite dish. I'm hoping no one comes back to this area to view the carnage left behind, for I will have been trapped.
There seems to be light ahead, as gunfire becomes scarce, the balmy sky begins to clear as resounding sounds of F1 fighters scour the air for enemy drones both up there and on land. Just don't drop the bomb down here. I need assistance. Oh look, a radio ...
I think I may be saved ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment