Monday, April 21, 2008

Mental Errors

Yesterday was a day I wish I could've done over. Not that anything bad happened ... well it did. Got out to the game yesterday afternoon and waited ... the other team failed to show 'til about 2 minutes before there was to be a forfeit. So, we finally get to play ... and ... well ... I stunk ... I literally stunk it up on the field. Couldn't catch a ball to save my life, missed blocks and I mean, it was a team effort, but I put the blame on myself. There were so many more things I could've done. And yet, we still had a chance to win. But with the way I was droppin' easy passes, I think my QB lost a lil' confidence in me yesterday. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't have thrown to me either. Now I'll have to make up for it in the next game. I know most of you may say, "It's only a game", but it's my passion, which is why I'm so hard on myself about it. We, as a team made too many mental mistakes, still had the chance to take the lead and failed. But oh well, I guess that part's out of my system now. I know I'll be prepared next time. I spoke with my coach on the way home and he let me know that I'm the key to the offense ... which, is a bit of a morale booster ... 'cause I think he knows how critical I am about my efforts. My hand kind of hurts as well 'cause I ... um ... kind of punched a hole in a wall [not tellin' where] to release some of the tension I had in me. I just can't believe I played like that. Also ... thinkin' back ... some dude kicked a lady 'cause she was headed to a seat on the train before him. I should've punched a hole in him. Anyway ... with my days never havin' a dull moment, I guess it happens. What can you do though, huh?

The end!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all have our off days. Out of body experiences which we see ourselves slipping, but hardly have control of the situation. It's special days like that that get put on the side for further review. Go back in your mind, study the tape and prepare to make the necessary corrections.