Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tight Squeeze

So today, I'm hoppin' on the train, which was packed as hell. The two school girls got on, one in back of me & one in the front ... I felt like a toasted sandwich, it was so tight. Anyway, as the next stop came, a woman gets on, squeezin' through. So, the girl behind me, says a smart remark ... "There's no space, I don't know why you're pushin' in" ... She happened to be right ... but you can't tell that to a New Yorker. So, what's messed up about the situation is that the woman actually takes the time to argue back with the child ... "You swipe your school pass, I pay for mine" ... Like, was there really a need to even go there? Either way, everyone needs to get on. I'm a big dude, so I make room for myself. Some people though. I was able to even get a seat on the express, though I had to lean forward, due to others sittin' ... I had a pregnant woman next to me and didn't want to be rude. And the mornin' isn't even over yet. Go figure.

2 comments:

FriendlyVirgo said...

See! New Yorkers need therapy. No joke. Please tell me someone offered the pregant woman a seat. If she was standing up, I'd be pissed.

Olivia H. said...

lol, I don't think there are too many places where public transportation doesn't suck.

That girl was very rude. She couldn't have possibly thought the woman was going to be like "Oh, you're right. I'll get off." A little drama starter already...