Wiping away the coal, reluctant to depart my sanctuary
my feet drag across the floor, in the direction of the shower
Steam felt from the hot water alerts my senses,
sending my hand into retreat
The addition of cold spritz level the temperature
As I slowly remove my nights garments
entering the watery cave
As beads beat against my muscles
I lean my head back, taking in the steam, water and foam
Last nights sleep spills into the drain in a slow twirl
as I reminisce on the conversations of prior
A few text messages in the next few minutes remind me
I can't remain in solace much longer
but that I must enter the realm of other dwellers
Hoards silently moving abrupt
Plugs to drown out any outside noise
And here I am, ready to go
Music resonating in my ears, unable to hear the outside
For it is my shell for the outside ...
protection from the thoughts aloud, coughs, sneezing,
crying, paper shuffling,
automated sounds of alert giving notice to either enter
quickly and stand clear
or the upcoming station.
Unclear taps on my mobile keyboard with people
peeking over my shoulder to get a glimpse at the tiny font
on my screen
I smile, knowing that all cant' be seen
I'm almost there
Ready to deal with the second part of my day

No comments:
Post a Comment